Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How the Garcia Girls Lost there Accent #2

Before I did not know what to write about, but in class when we had that group discussion. I noticed that since you showed us about the innocence that other people talked about in there blog. People are talking more about Yolanda and her innocence now. My group was talking about it and when we had an entire class discussion, I figured it was not just my group. Some other groups were talking about it too and other kinds of ways the resembles that Yolanda is slowly loosing her innocence. When I was listening, what Mostly i heard was that as life goes on for Yolanda in America that she experiences it more and looses her innocence.

I agree with everyone, But one think that amazed me the most that someone said in class that i never thought of before was that the more she lost her accent, the more she looses her innocence. That gave me a shock because I agreed with it but it would have never came to my mind about that. Yolanda seemed like a innocent girl before in the Dominican Republic, but America has changed her a lot because of how much the freedom she has now. I guess that everybody in Yolanda's family including her is learning how America is and how different America is towards the Dominican Republic. It made me interested in how she is going to change for the rest of the book. Like if she is going to go back the country or is she going to like America more then the Dominican Republic.

In the Book also says that Sofia looses respect from her father because of what she has been going through in her life.She brought some weed home and her mom found it and was sent to the Dominican Republic. I think she lost respect and trust from both of her parents when this happened. Moving from one environment to another can really change a person in the way they live there life or the way they act. Seems like more excitement has came into her life because before her family seemed like one of those rich snobs that acts sophisticated. After going to America it seems like she let herself more loose and lost control of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment