Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Connections Between people's Family story

The connections that i see through most of the peoples story is that they mostly came to America for a better life. Apparently some of them left because of different reasons. They wanted to have more money and have a wealthier life. many of them say that they used to be poor and did not have much money when they were back at their home land.

Like for a couple examples, Tiffany's"During the Vietnam war, my grandfather was a general. After hearing this, I was glad that he survived in the war. I heard he got hit by a bomb, but he survived it." and another one is from phuong’s blog "When I was a kid like you, I had nothing. I worked hard all day long in return for a scoop of ice-cream, not a bowl, but a spoonful. I had to challenge the other kids around my age just to be the best helper, to get a bigger portion. Vietnam is poor. I had to sneak to my neighbor's yard to listen to music. If I am lucky enough, I might be able to watch from the black and white television. Every little thing is gold to me. Everything is valuable. Nothing is wasted, nothing is lost. Competition is everywhere. Of course, it is not to see who looks better, it is to see who works harder and who is the most helpful."

A lot of them make it sound like they had really sad lifes back in their country. basically i mostly see that people are only leaving their countries because they are noticing that they should not be treated this way. It makes it sound like an American life is so much easier than a regular day like in Phuong's story of working just for a little ice cream. Life is better in America but it is also not the best. You may have more freedom and get a lot of money for the work you've done. but life is really tough over here also. of course everyone is glad that they got to be in America. Other countries are treating people like slaves and not carrying about how they treated them. Well the life style for my mom wasn't as same at Phuong's, my mom was more of the wealthy kind of type of people that was really smart and had anything you need to live. I can relate to Tiffany because my Grandfather was also a general. He died a long time ago though and i never got to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment